The test structure is the backbone of U.S. Figure Skating. Passing skill tests presided over by official judges advances the skater to the next level in the USFS competition structure. Skaters test in moves in the field, free skating, pairs, and ice dancing.
The FCFSC supports the growth and development of skaters at all levels and abilities and provides numerous test sessions each year. Scroll further down this page to view a list of upcoming test sessions
How to register: Skaters may choose to register for tests online via the FCFSC Entryeeze site OR complete a paper application. Paper applications (and affiliated payments) should be placed in the locked drawer in the club file cabinet (in the Green rink) or mailed to the test chair (address listed on the test application form). Applications must be complete (with signature and payment) in order to be considered for upcoming test sessions. Skaters with incomplete applications will not be added to the schedule.
Test Deadlines: Test applications are due at 11:59 pm on the Thursday or Saturday two weeks prior to the test date (on Friday or Sunday respectively).
Test Fee: Skaters who withdraw from a test session after deadline forfeit the test fee unless the withdrawal is due to an illness or injury. Please contact the test chair regarding such instances.
Multiple tests discount: Skaters taking the Pre-preliminary moves and Freeskate tests during the same test session receive a discount. These discounts cannot be configured in Entryeeze, so a refund will be issued to those that register for the aforementioned tests via Entryeeze.
NEW! *** Effective starting from Nov. 1st, 2017, The Test Refresh project phases in the following:
- As of Nov. 1, 2017: Updating of Free Skate tests to align with well-balanced program competition rules.
- As of Nov. 1, 2017: IJS protocol from non-qualifying competition for test credit in juvenile-senior free skate, adult gold free skate, juvenile-senior pairs and juvenile-senior free dance. Click here for details on the procedure.
- Updating the evaluation system of 6.0 to a scale of -3 to +3 by September 2, 2018
- Allowing athletes to earn “pass with honors” and “pass with distinction” in tests beginning September 2, 2018
Click here to read all of the information, details, and FAQs. The minimum passing scores for each level per US Figure skating can be found at:
- As specified in rule 4270, the skater taking Pre-Preliminary Free skate test must successfully complete the required elements, either as isolated elements or in a program(with or without music).
Questions: Please contact the test chair via the form below with any test-related questions.
Upcoming test sessions are posted on the bulletin board at EPIC
Click the buttons below to register for a test with Entryeeze or download the paper test application
|Date||Time||Due On (11:59pm)|
|Friday, May 18th, 2018||9:00 am-1:00 pm||Thursday, May 3rd, 2018|
|Saturday, June 16th, 2018||9:45 am-12:45 pm||Friday, June 1st, 2018|
|Sunday, July 22nd, 2018||9:45 am-12:45 pm||Saturday, July 7th, 2018|