Fort Collins Fright Fest
Sunday, October 25 2020
Edora Pool Ice Center (EPIC)
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!!! PLEASE SIGN UP HERE!
PLEASE READ COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN HERE!
This competition will look very different from previous years. Please find your event number in the detailed schedule to know the time to find your group near the registration desk. PLEASE READ THE DETAILED SCHEDULE FOR SUNDAY HERE!
Announcement is HERE.
COVID-19 Statement: The Fort Collins Figure Skating Club and Edora Pool and Ice Center will be complying with all Federal, State, and Local regulations and any additional public health notices in place at the time of the competition, including recommendations from US Figure Skating. We thank you in advance for your full cooperation. In the event that a cancellation is required a FULL refund will be issued. Masks will be required inside Edora Pool and Ice Center. Competition safety plans will be updated and announced regularly.
YOU MUST SIGN 3 ONLINE WAIVERS PRIOR TO THE COMPETITION TO COMPETE THIS YEAR!!!
You will need to fill out 4 separate waivers (3 online and one in person on the day of the competition) in order to compete at Fright Fest this year. These waivers can be found on the MEMBERS ONLY section of the USFS website. You will need to login using your USFS number and fill out the waivers. Click HERE for more specific information about how to fill out the waivers.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE DAY OF COMPETITION
Click HERE to watch a video describing the COVID safety plan for Sunday.
- Due to COVID restrictions there will be no access to the facility to people until it is time for their event. All access to the facility for competitors and spectators will require a health waiver to be filled out for the competitor and all spectators.
- The weather is going to be well below freezing and there will likely be snow and we cannot let people in the building. So plan to spend time in your car and be warm.
- Competitors who plan to attend practice ice, plan to enter the rink with your skates on. You will need to have a temperature screen and answer questions about potential COVID exposure before you will be admitted to the rink. So plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early.
- Once skaters take the ice for practice ice we will admit 2 skaters/parents/guardians at a time to enter the building to register themselves or their skaters after a temperature check.
- People will need to provide proof that they signed the 3 online USFS waivers and fill out our club health form. Everyone will need to leave the facility as soon as they complete registration and wait for their event/ their skater(s) in their cars.
- Skaters that are not participating in practice ice can register at any time prior to the suggested time in the detailed schedule. Remember skaters or their guardians will be admitted 2 at a time to registration following a temperature check. Be sure to plan for enough time for registration.
- Note the number of your event and look for your group in the detailed schedule.
- Plan to have skaters and their coaches gather at the appropriate time “station 1” in the detailed schedule in the vestibule of EPIC (just inside the front doors). Spectators are not allowed entry into the building at this time, coaches and participants only at this time.
- Each skater is allowed 2 spectators. All spectators must be over the age of 18 and must all fill out the health check form prior to entry into EPIC for the event.
- When their skater’s group is in “station 3” on the detailed schedule, spectators must gather in the vestibule of EPIC.
- Spectators will then be escorted into the building and when their skaters take the ice for their warm up, they will be escorted upstairs to observe the competition from the bleachers.
- Spectators will watch the entire event and then meet their skaters outside the building after the event.
- Skaters will be escorted into the building to “station 2” with their coaches. They will have 10 minutes to warm up without skates on in the building.
- Skaters/coaches will be escorted to “station 3” which is a ready room inside the rink where they will have 10 minutes to put on their skates and get ready.
- Skaters/coaches will be responsible for all their belongings. They will need to take their belongings out of the ready room when they move to warm up ice.
- Skaters will have 4 minutes to warm up. Masks will be required for warm ups.
- Skaters/coaches will line up 6 feet apart to wait for their turn to skate.
- Once they enter the ice, they can remove their mask and place it into a bag (provided) and skate without a mask. Once they leave the ice from a different gate, they will need to replace their mask and wear it for the remainder of their time inside EPIC.
- Once skaters have finished their program, they will exit the gate near the lobby and will move to the benches at the south end of the rink to remove their skates and wait for the rest of the event to finish.
- They will meet their chaperones in the lobby at the base of the stairs and exit immediately.
- All results will be posted online HERE.
- Awards will be awarded one at a time in the EPIC vestibule on a first come, first served basis. Skaters will have to wait outside the building to receive their award.
Important things to know!
THE COMPETITION WILL NOT RUN EARLY
PLEASE HAVE YOUR SKATES ON PRIOR TO ENTERING THE BUILDING FOR PRACTICE ICE
THERE ARE NO LOCKER ROOMS OR BATHROOMS FOR CHANGING. COME READY IN YOUR COSTUME
LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED FOR ALL COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS
CHAPERONES/SPECTATORS MUST BE OVER THE AGE OF 18
BRING WARM COATS AND BLANKETS
If you have any questions please feel free to email Kelly Cann at Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org.